On Sunday J and I are getting a tour of a possible ceremony location. My fingers are crossed and I feel like I’ll be holding me breath in anticipation all week because I think this could be the one!
In preparation for the visit, I’ve compiled a list of things to prepare for a visit to possible wedding venues.
- Your wedding planner, if you have one. My twin sister is coming with us because she just got married and knows a thing or two about venue visits. Also, she’s helping us plan the wedding, so while I’ll be flailing around all excited to see the place, she’ll keep the vision in mind and see if it works at this location.
- A clear vision. I’m not saying you have to have all of the decor or your colors picked out, but if you’re thinking you want an urban feel, maybe looking at barn venues isn’t the right way to go. And that’s a big reason why my sister/planner is coming with us.
- A list of questions to ask the venue. These will differ based on whether you’re booking the ceremony, reception, or both. Also just depending on what you want or need. My wedding planning binder (which my twin sister got me for Christmas) has a list of questions to ask at venue visits. I’m going to write down the ones that apply to us and bring them along.
- Your phone or camera to take pictures. So that you remember what the place looked like, and just in case you’re stuck between a couple venues. Looking at photos and seeing which one best fits your vision will be super helpful when you have to make your decision.
- An open mind. Not so open that you end up booking something you really didn’t want. But you never know. If you booked a tour “just because” and have your heart set on something else, don’t 100% rule it out. Enjoy seeing the venue. I thought since getting engaged last September that I wanted my ceremony at a specific place near my office. But then I saw photos of the place we’re seeing on Sunday and I was curious. I had been ready to book the other location but now I’m feeling that this new place is a better fit. Good thing I didn’t book because I’d be out of the deposit money.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but it is what I’ll be focusing on later in the week when viewing the possible ceremony location.